How do I setup my Outlook to send/receive emails?
How do I setup my Outlook to send and receive emails?
Here is the instruction to setting up your Outlook 2007 to send and receive emails from YourHost.com. These steps are based on Outlook 2007, so if you are using a different version of Outlook, your settings may look different.
1. First open up Outlook, then go to Tools =>> Account Settings.
2. Once there, click on New to add a new email account, then click on Next.
3. Check the box that says "Manually configure server settings or additional server types", then click on Next.
4. Select the first choice "Internet E-Mail" and click on Next.
5. In the email settings screen, fill out your email account information. You should have been emailed all the details you need. Please note that the username is the full email address. Account type is either POP3 or IMAP. POP3 will store emails on your computer, while IMAP will store the emails on the mail server. IMAP has its advantages, such as if you wish to check your emails from multiple computers, IMAP will sync the emails so you will see the same things on all computers. Since the emails are stored on the mail server, it also will use up more disk space, so you may need to watch your quota limit more carefully. YourHost.com supports both types, the choice is up to you.
Once you have this filled out, click on More Settings.
6. Under More Settings, click on Outgoing Server tab. Check the box that says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication", and leave the radio button on "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
7. Some ISP's (your internet service provider) may block the default outgoing smtp port 25. If you are unable to send emails with the above settings, you will want to click on the Advanced tab. Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) from 25 to 587.
You should be all set! Make sure you click on "OK", and then "Next" to finish the setup steps. Do not click on cancel or you would have to do this all over again. You should now be able to send and receive emails through YourHost.com. If you have any questions, please contact Support. Many of the commonly asked questions can be found in the knowledgebase articles.
|Article Title||Date Created||Article Views|
|How do I utilize YourHost.com's email spam filtering system?||26th Mar, 2008||23928|
|Outgoing SMTP port||31st Mar, 2008||34785|
|I can't send emails out||7th Apr, 2008||8237|
|How do I add a new email address?||16th Apr, 2008||25029|
|How do I set up my Mac to receive mail?||16th Apr, 2008||6631|